I have been using Vim editor since I was a university student, but Atom which has various plugins is more convenient in some cases recently. This time, I've researched how to configure Vim key bindings in Atom.
- vim-mode-plus and ex-mode are recommended.
Turn off IME when exit the insert mode with Esc
- We need to use some 3rd party applications to change the key bindings because Atom plugins can not turn off IME.
- Karabiner (for MacOS) and AutoHotKey (for Windows) seem to be famous.
- (However, these applications cannot reset IME when we enter the insert mode again.)
Configure key bindings for plugins
- Define key bindings in keymap.cson as vim-mode-plus doesn't have a feature to load a vimrc file.
- If you need to issue multiple commands in a key binding, you need to register a custom command in init.coffee.